New investor from Louisville Kentucky

9 Replies

hello, my name is Terrez Jarrett. I started real estate investing recently and I am glad to be apart of the bp community. I am looking forward to meeting other wholesalers, flippers, rental property owners, etc. 

Glad to have you Terrez. Don't forget to set up keyword alerts, you'll be notified when some posts about a specific topic you're interest in or about certain locations. Also listen to the podcast if you have not already...

Welcome to BP @Terrez Jarrett ! I'm just south of you by Fort Knox. Louisville has an active REI group (you can find them on the Meet-up app). That will be a great way to network with others in the area.

And like David said hit up those podcasts. There is so much information in them. Don’t forget to explore the rest of the sites (guides, blogs, calculators, forums, books, etc). Soak it all in. Good luck as you get started!

@Terrez Jarrett welcome! I own a few rentals in Louisville and plan to keep buying more. It’s been a great market for me so far as I was raised there and have a father that’s an agent that’s been helping me. I only invest in multi family there and like it quite a bit!

@Allan Bishop Jr. I appreciate the help man! I downloaded the app immediately LOL! I have constantly listening to podcasts, books, and videos. @Jordan Moorhead Wow, I don´t think I would like rentals or multi family properties but I am always open to the concept.

Hello! @Terrez Jarrett

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you