Ben Dickstein
  • Loveland, OH
Votes |
New Investor in Cincinnati

Ben Dickstein
  • Loveland, OH
Posted Aug 6 2018, 16:44

Hi, BiggerPockets!

I just wanted to introduce myself and meet a few local members. 

A little about me...I've been living in Cincinnati six years now, the last four of which have been on the Eastside. I'm a husband and father of two. Over the past couple months I've gone from having a passing interest in RE to a strong aspiration for achieving financial independence through buy-and-hold investing. I've been reading some recommended books and listening to many BP podcasts. I hope to purchase my first property in the next 6-12 months - a duplex or triplex ideally. I have my eye on the BRRRR strategy but need to learn more about managing a rehab before I commit. Plus, something tells me that taking on a small multi-family and a rehab with my first deal might be too much?

As far as markets, I'm pretty open to C and above but am mostly intrigued by Norwood, Pleasant Ridge, and Madisonville. From reading other posts, it seems like these areas have a more affordable entry point and potential for both cash flow and appreciation?

It's great to see that the local REIA has regular meetings; I hope to get to one soon and make introductions. I would love to get a bit of guidance and connect with an investment-minded realtor.

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Loading replies...