Jacob Bluestein
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
NYC/NJ Multi-Family RE Investing: Mid-20s

Jacob Bluestein
  • Queens, NY
Posted Aug 6 2018, 18:41

Hi, BiggerPockets Community!

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself as well as get more involved in the local RE community.

I'm 25, moved to New York City (Astoria) about 3.5 years ago, and have a full time corporate job in Financial Services Consulting. I've always been extremely interested in RE investing and bought my first property in Louisville, KY (single family unit) in April, 2017 (link added to my BP profile). I'm as well a NY State licensed Real Estate Salesperson and do it on the side purely to learn more about the RE market and help in my investing. 

I've recently teamed up with a business partner who has complimentary RE skills and a construction background. Our goal is to build enough wealth over time through multi-family RE investing to achieve true financial freedom and in doing so, transition to RE Investing full-time. We're gearing up to purchase a multi-family property in the NYC/Jersey City area (ideally foreclosure) within the next 1-3 months in need of renovations/under market value. 

However being new to the multi-family unit scene, we're trying to read up on multi-unit RE investing as well as purchasing pre-foreclosure/foreclosure properties. Any suggestions on reading materials, resources, or interest in meeting up for a cup of coffee to share wisdom would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to attend an upcoming BP meeting as well and make introductions here in NYC.

Best regards,

Jacob

Loading replies...