Making the 1st move in commercial investing

5 Replies

Heloo everyone, my name is Sonny Nguyen, i am very new to this forum and to this industry but i was always wanted to get to know about real estate and wanted to invest in real estate, i just do not know what to look for to make money but i like the idea of flipping but also if i could just make money without outting my own money out, that would be great, i know there are many pros on here, i am just lookinh for some advices, thank you very much

Welcome Hai, I am fairly new myself but am really enjoying the community! To get started I would suggest a few things. 

First is to listen to a few podcasts about the types of real estate investing that you are interested in. These give some of the best education that you can find for free!  The Bigger Pockets podcast is great and covers lots of areas including flipping properties, how to get financing, and rental properties. I recommend the apartment building investing with Michael Blank podcast for multifamily, and Mobile home park investors with Jefferson Lilly for mobile home parks. These are some of the best that I have found. 

Second I recommend finding and attending real estate investing meetings in your area. This will help put you with like minded people that can help brainstorm, mentor and maybe even partner on a deal. 

Good Luck with your Future Ventures! 

Hello Hai! Great information on the podcasts. Lot's of different strategies in RE. The key is to choose the one that is best for your situation, skill set, and temperament. We've written some more specific articles on our blog about some niche investment areas. Here is a sample here: https://www.steeplerockpartners.com/single-post/20...

Keep learning, asking questions, and taking action! Happy to talk anytime. PM me and we can set something up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you