New member house hacker from Bay City, MI living in Charlotte, NC

3 Replies

Hi All,

I'm so excited to have found bigger pockets thanks to my brother.  My brother and I had been house hacking before we knew that term.  He rents two of his rooms in Nashville, TN while pursuing his PhD and I live and work in Charlotte, NC as an actuary and rent out three of my rooms.  I have a solid background in Excel and VBA which helped me analyze my first house hack and I've continued to keep reading books and listening to podcasts.  I've already read the book on Raising Private Capital and am currently reading The Book on Rental Property Investing from the BiggerPockets book list.

Although I'd be interested in trying to find deals in Charlotte, NC I'm also looking in Bay City/Saginaw/Midland area in Michigan as I still have connections there and the rent/property ratio, in general, is much higher at the moment. I'm looking to slowly grow my portfolio and am looking forward to reading your stories. I'm still chomping at the bit to BRRRR for the first time.

Thanks, 
Jack 

Thanks @Chris T.   That sounds like a great time.  I work in Ballantyne and hope I can make it up there to join you, and if not tonight definitely next month.  I appreciate you reaching out.  If I could buy you coffee/tea sometime please let me know.  

Welcome @Jacob Allweil to Bigger Pockets.  This is an awesome place, with so much information.

I'm in Colorado, but I'm from Bay City as well.  I've bought a few properties there.  The market there has some interesting numbers, but also some challenges.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you