New goals, new life starts now. (Chicagoland)

New goals, new life starts now. (Chicagoland)

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 4 votes

Hi Everyone,

So I've been back in the States for about a year a couple of months after living abroad.
Living abroad has open my eyes to creating new goals in my life.

I used to think I want to live debt free (almost there, minus student loans).

My current goal is to live Financially Free, to be free of a JOB and to focus on what I find important.

2018 is the year of beginnings for me.

-I got engaged this year.

-I have a new goal I want to achieve.

-I want to look back and say 2018 is when I changed my life.

I'm just sharing so I don't lose the motivation over the next year or two.

So far I've just been saving for the wedding not investing yet.

(If anyone has been in the same boat as me please share ideas for saving for multiple events.)

*Shameless plug below.

(If anyone needs help with some odd jobs in the Chicagoland area let me know. The wedding isn't paying itself. haha)

Investing goals

My first goal is to buy a duplex/3plex/4plex once I get married and house hack it.

Eventually, I want to own a few multi-homes and create passive income to live on.

I'll probably focus on Illinois and Indiana since I spend most of my time in these areas then branch out.

Nice meeting everyone. 

I enjoy reading everyone's post as it motivates me to see successful people.

2Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Tarrytown, NY · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 43 votes
8y

@Rafael Salinas II I invest in NWI and often time need help with properties as I am an out of state investor. PM me. We can figure something out.

@Mindi Rosser Sent you PM.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Rafael Salinas II

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oahu, HI · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @Rafael Salinas II Congrats on getting engaged and setting those ambitious goals! 

    @Andrew Fredrickson gave a good checklist to get started on learning more before you actually invest. I'm still in this phase and am following the @Scott Trench principles in Set for Life before investing - currently working on saving that first $100K.

    What types of odd jobs are you looking for? I'm based in NWI and might be able to help on that front.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @Mindi Rosser I was thinking of helping investors cleaning up properties, agents with paperwork etcs. Something that people want to pass to someone else, the odd jobs.

    If I can learn something and earn some extra from a side hustle that would be great.

  • Investor · Greater Chicago Area and Northwest Indiana · Member since 2018 · 138 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @Rafael Salinas II I wish you the best of luck!  Word of advice, read or listen to as many Real Estate books as possible.  Amazon offers two free audio books if you subscribe.  First month is free, just make sure you cancel the subscription before the first month is up.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oahu, HI · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 42 votes
    8y

    @Rafael Salinas II I'd recommend connecting with @Adrien C. as he works very closely with investors in NWI, and I'd also recommend checking out the NICIA.org group. I'm a member of that group, and many of the investors in there post odd jobs where they're looking for help with their properties... also a good way to get connected in the community. Feel free to DM me, if you'd like more info.

  • Tarrytown, NY · Member since 2016 · 79 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    @Rafael Salinas II I invest in NWI and often time need help with properties as I am an out of state investor. PM me. We can figure something out.

    @Mindi Rosser Sent you PM.

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Rafael Salinas II

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

  • Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.