Eddie Gonnella
  • Bangor ME & Richmond, VA
Votes |
New Member From Bangor/Orono Maine now living in Richmond VA

Eddie Gonnella
  • Bangor ME & Richmond, VA
Posted Sep 6 2018, 17:38

Hey All, 

My name is Eddie Gonnella and I'm originally from Old Town, Maine right next door to the University of Maine where I studied Civil Engineering and lived for 4 years in Orono. This is about 10 minutes north of Bangor, Maine as well and I'm familiar with that city. I currently work in Richmond, Virginia as part of the growth team at a non-profit. 

I currently have no experience in real estate but am looking to purchase in either Richmond or back in Maine. My current lease ends in June 2019 and I'd like to have a purchase by then that I can house hack. I'm strictly interested in buy/hold for the time being as I work fulltime. 

I've listened to about 15 bigger pockets podcasts, read the ultimate beginners guide, read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and "Money Master the Game" by Tony Robbins as a start to my REI/financial education. I've enrolled in an inexpensive course on analyzing real estate investments and have set up various online saved searches to forward me houses that meet certain criteria.

I feel my biggest weaknesses from not being "in the game" are estimating rents/expenses for my projections. If there is anyone in either the Richmond or Central Maine markets or get-togethers in those areas, I'd love to connect with some other folks! 

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

Loading replies...