Northern Colorado Newbie, Realtor & (soon-to-be) Investor!

3 Replies

BiggerPockets was recommended to me by a colleague as a tremendous resource for learning more about real estate investing from many who have been successful doing it. I am so excited to be a part of this community! I hope to finally launch my real estate investing using BiggerPocket resources! Step-one for me was obtaining my real estate license to learn more about real estate and ultimately transact my own deals. Step-two was finding the right resource to gain more investing-specific knowledge. Step-three is going all in...I have my own beautiful home on the market to pull out the equity to use in investing. I am leaning toward a multi-family property as my first investment. I am very excited and equally terrified! : )

You can do it Rose and I wish you the best.  

Real Estate investing has so many different paths or real estate strategies you can work in; wholesaling, buy and holds, fix and flips, Subject 2, and more.  My advice is once you discover which real estate strategy your "like and enjoy" focus on that one starting out. 

As crazy as it may sound, do not pick the strategy you think you will make you the most money, pick the strategy you enjoy the most.  Every strategy will yield a profit if you consistently and effectively work it.  Its hard to do that if you truly do not enjoy it.  The mistake I made was following my wallet and not my heart starting out.

Have fun and much success Rose.

Welcome to BP! 

My wife and I are on pretty much the same tragectory. I'm in the middle of schooling for licensing and am likely more accurately be called an "apiring" real estate investor. Good luck!

This is a great rescource. Heaps of extremely useful information ranging from the calculators, to the forums, to the bazillions of wonderfully helpful people within all aspects of the site. If you haven't already discovered the BP podcast, it's equally fantastic.

Again, welcome and hope to see you around the site, and possibly around town. I'm just a stone's throw away in Fort Collins.

Take care!

Logan

Good luck Rose! @David Wright is exactly right. Don't hop in and out of strategies because they don't yield a return right away. Clear, consistent, focused hard work over a long time will always win.  My biggest piece of advice is be patient. Don't get too excited and jump at a deal because you get antsy. Gain the knowledge, bring value and when you find the right deal, don't be afraid to pull the trigger. 

Welcome to Northern Colorado's real estate investing!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you