Trying to Get Started

2 Replies

Hello, everyone!!! My name is Kai Holmes. I am a travel nurse; mom of three boys; and a newlywed. I am looking to purchase a couple rental properties to help my family and I to get started on the road to financial freedom. I am super excited and anxious to get this train rolling!! I am reading "The Ultimate Beginner's Guide...." and it has all of my wheels turning in excitement but I really am not sure where to start, outside of creating my business plan. I live in Atlanta and there are many properties on the market. Any suggestions on where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance 

@Kaisha Sharese Holmes Start small. Find a property that is in your neighborhood since you know that area best. Atlanta is a great market with a ton of job growth. Do not overextend yourself early, and make sure your numbers work. Don't settle. My biggest recommendation is to be patient and not rush into an ok deal just to stay busy. That has been my biggest issue over the years. Good Luck.

@Kaisha Sharese Holmes - Welcome to BP. You’re already on the right path by reading the guides here on the site. Take advantage of the podcasts, webinars, forums, and blogs. There is so much information out there on property types, markets, financing, etc. Education is key but at some point be ready to take action. Utilize the calculators here on the site to start practicing running the numbers. Getting the math right is critical to identifying a good deal. If you upgrade to a pro membership you get unlimited use of the calculators and other benefits that are very beneficial. When you run into questions reach out to specific members and/or post your question in the forums. The community here is great to help. Make sure you tag folks with their username if you want a response so they get the alert in their e-mail. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here