(OHIO) I am 19, working full time, and need tips for RE education

3 Replies

This is my first post on biggerpockets. I am sorry if I did not categorize this post properly, if it is wrong please let me know and I will delete this post and start a new one in the correct category. Heres a little bit about me: So im a 19 year old kid named Brad working full time as a CNC machinist in Ohio. I enjoy my job but I don't make much money (roughly 26K/yr). I do some small scale stock market investing in my free time just as a way to save and grow a little of the money I currently make (that AMD graph lookin awesome) but I want a side project that I can do on the weekends. After watching some biggerpockets YouTube videos I wound up here. So here is the meat of this post. I want to start a side job in real estate. I really want to find some courses that I can take. Preferably online, however I would go to an in-person course if it is only on weekends. I've done a little browsing for online real estate education in Ohio and iv had trouble finding online courses that are less than a couple thousand dollars. I typically learn well when information is organized like it usually is in a classroom setting. Im not very good at googling and learning everything I need to get started on random websites. If anybody has any recommendations on where I can find a well organized course please let me know! I don't really want to spend more than $1,000 on online education, but if that is the only option then I will have to consider it. Thank you to whoever responds. I know this is my first post and there are probably lots of people that make a first post similar to mine but I hope somebody can offer me some assistance and hopefully down the line I can help other people.
@Zach Shrader I do like CNC and it does have the potential to make good money but at my current job my potential is limited to roughly 35K. I could work for different company later in life and move up that way but for right now I pretty much have 1-5 years of a future at my current job. It will give me solid experience and make it much easier to get higher paying CNC jobs. I do really want to learn about real estate tho. I want to at least get my license and see if it's something I want to do on the weekends to make some good extra money.
@Brad Mylius Getting licensed is a great start, you’ll get a fantastic education in the Real Estate transaction process, you’ll meet a lot of Real Estate enthusiasts, and you’ll get access to all the houses on your MLS. Brokering is a valuable skill to have, especially if you’re looking to get into bigger projects like syndication.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you