New member from Ottawa Ontario

2 Replies

Good day!

I'm Jeff, from Ottawa, Ontario. My wife and I own our primary residence, and hopefully by next summer will be ready to purchase a multi family. I've been studying up for a long time and ready to take the plunge once I can save up some funds, unless I can find a good hard money lender willing to make a deal.

I work in IT for the government, but my primary goal is to have enough properties that I can become FI and quit my day job to do this full time. Talking about real estate, properties, and financial independence is something I enjoy.

I listen to the BP Podcasts almost religiously. Also check out Matt McKeever on YouTube. He's from London, Ontario and has great weekly content on YouTube.

Thanks,

Jeff

Nice to meet you, @Jeffrey Boudreau ! FYI, @Matt McKee ver is also on BiggerPockets, @Matt McKee :)

The BP podcasts are key. Also, if you're ever in London, Ontario - we have free meetup groups every month, it'd be great to meet you. They're on Facebook groups (check out "LDNonFIRE"). I've been investing for just over 2 years now, and have used the BRRRRR method to build a portfolio of 8 properties, 26 units here in London. I still work full-time, but have the option to quit. I'm house hacking in my duplex, and living for free! Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Originally posted by @Kellan P. :

Nice to meet you, @Jeffrey Boudreau! FYI, @Matt McKee ver is also on BiggerPockets, @Matt McKee :)

Thanks Kellan! I'm actually a part of the Facebook group, but not active in it. I mostly lurk while listening to podcasts or audio books. It's great to see Matt finally on here!

If I am ever in the area, I will definitely shout out to you guys. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you