Real Estate Investor New to Bigger Pockets in Milwaukee, WI

12 Replies

Greetings! After listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast for a couple of years, I finally decided to join the community here. My husband Scot and I invest in duplexes in Milwaukee, WI. We currently own four and are looking to add to our portfolio.

We are excited to share what we have learned and what we are still learning, as well as network. We're looking to add a real estate attorney, another realtor and more handymen/contracts to our team. We are also happy to provide recommendations to Milwaukee-based professionals who we work with.

Originally posted by @Laura White :

Greetings! After listening to the Bigger Pockets podcast for a couple of years, I finally decided to join the community here. My husband Scot and I invest in duplexes in Milwaukee, WI. We currently own four and are looking to add to our portfolio.

We are excited to share what we have learned and what we are still learning, as well as network. We're looking to add a real estate attorney, another realtor and more handymen/contracts to our team. We are also happy to provide recommendations to Milwaukee-based professionals who we work with.

Laura, welcome to BP!  There are a lot of SE WI investors and vendors who are active on the forums.  Looking forward to connecting. 

Thanks @Jason Bott ! Glad to be here and looking forward to connecting with you, too. I have been hearing good things about the MKE-based community here and decided that I needed to join Bigger Pockets as well.

Welcome, @Jennie Jones ! So glad you've rediscovered Bigger Pockets early in your real estate investing journey...I was a lurker on the podcasts and the forums for several years before jumping in, so glad to have you!

A few tips that may be helpful to you here on the BP website:

You can set up keyword alerts so anytime someone posts about Milwaukee or any of the other markets you're evaluating, you'll be notified. That could be a great way to find and stay engaged with local investors, realtors and opportunities. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

You can also search for other investors or brokers in your market and follow their journey on Bigger Pockets here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Best of luck to you and look forward to following your success on BP!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you