Meeting Investors for the first time

1 Reply

Good evening everyone. I am brand new to the Real Estate World! I was advised in the forum to attend an REI event and saw there is a local meet up once a month. I really dont know what Im getting into or what to expect. Was hoping to hear some feedback from experts on here. What should I ask and should i being anything. I have an open mind and expect to try to atleast build some repor.

There are many different formats but most have some things in common. I would make sure to take business cards, even if you have to order some from vistaprint that just says real estate investor. This will help while you are networking with other investors. Also make sure you have your elevator pitch, a quick this is who I am and what I am looking for pitch. If you are given the opportunity to stand up and introduce yourself, never ever turn this down. This is the best way to get everyone to remember you. One last thing is if you are working on a specific deal, bring some specifics about it, as you may also be able to announce that. 

Good Luck! Aaron

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you