New Member & Investor

7 Replies

Hello BP community.  I am a new member as well as a new investor.  My name is Shawn Henley, I live in Denver, CO and am interested in flipping as well as long term rentals.

I've lived in Colorado for over 20 years and have been a business owner and operator since 2014.  Currently I am a owner and operator of a long term facility that treats and rehabilitates individuals suffering from drug and alcohol addiction.

I am now looking to shift my focus from the day to day operations of my business and jump in to real estate investing.

Additionally, I am working to obtain my broker license as a means to support my goals in real estate investing.

I am partnering with my brother, close friend, as well as a mentor to begin this new journey.

I look forward to networking with many of you.  I'd love to hear about a recent deal you have done, or a deal that sticks out as a big learning experience for you.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Shawn, Welcome to BP. There are some great opportunities out there. There are also some opportunity in making a home into an assisted living center and then renting it out to the caregivers to run the facility. With your background that might be a great niche market for you. 

Thank you Kevin.  Investing in AL is certainly an avenue that I am pursuing.  Good deals in that market are harder and harder to come by (as are many other types in Denver).  My experience so far with AL and specifically sober living group homes is that the community approval and zoning variance process can be exhausting.  This is one of the many reasons why I am interested in getting into single family flips, rentals, and more traditional multifamily.   That said- I am very interested in increasing my AL portfolio!

Hello Shawn,

I am presenting on AL at the "Best Ever Conference" in Denver in February.  I am offering a free day of training as a part of that event on Sunday 2/24. If you are interested in learning more you can join us there.

TY

Gene

Hey Shawn,

Good to see you here. I myself am from Toronto, ON, but also looking to invest in the USA, Colorado being one of the places. 

I heard through a consulting client once that Denver was getting tough. I'm sure with the network you build here, you'll be able to pull multiple rabbits out of the proverbial hat.

Other than that, I've sent you a connection request - perhaps we can learn from each other!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you