introducing myself to the biggerpockets forum

4 Replies

Figured I would start off by introding my self. Hope I did this right. I’m not normally on forums like this. My names Mario I’m 28 live in northwest Indiana. I’m looking to get into a few rentals. Long term my goal is to have 20 homes and build from there. Iv wathed a lot of the BiggerPockets videos on your tube and a few other. I have 17 homes that I’m looking at atm. Already have the 20% cash down for most and already ran my credit so I’ll be pulling the trigger here soon. Hope to find someone can give me some advice that knows this area. 

NWI is an interesting market because you have so many types of investors and types of areas. Due to the sellers market, I’m sure you know you have to act fast, but also understand your numbers. We’ve been in the space for about four years now and we’ve made many offers. My one shred of advice is to know your criteria, what you can get in rent, and then plan for the unexpected. Regardless, dive in because once you do it gets easier and easier. Good luck with your first of many!

Thanks Matt i plan on it. At this point every house I see and thing has good potential to cash flow fast sells in days. It’s hard for a small fish like me to get in there. Only way I see it happening is offering a lot of homes low offers and hoping one sticks. Thanks for the help and advice 

@Mario Valtierra hello Mario. What areas of NWIndiana are you investing? What are your investment cretria and what returns you looking for? You planning to manage properties on your own or plan to use a property manager? I have 4 rental properties in NW Indiana. Feel free to shoot any question you may have.

I’m just looking for a home that I can buy around nwi that cost 70-90k. Or less I guess. Doesn’t need to many repairs. 2 bedroom 1 bath min. And rents for 950+ a month with taxes 2k or lower. I plan on managing my first few properties on my own but when I have a few I plan to look into a management company.  And thanks I’ll keep in touch when I need to ask some questions 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you