New investor in the Chicagoland area

3 Replies

Hello all,

I'm Joe and I live in the west burbs of Chicago and looking to begin investing in buy and hold properties in this area. Looking to start out with a duplex, where my 2 children and I could live in one of the units. From there I'm looking to scale up to quads. I've listened to multiple bp podcasts ... and counting and have a list of books I'm looking to read (currently reading one of from Scott McGillivray). I'm hoping I can make some connections with the people on the forum. Any advise or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe

Make sure you understand your lease and can explain to a prospective tenant fluently.

If you have time, YouTubing to DIY and trouble shoot building issues can save you a lot of cash for your next purchase. 

Shop around or use a  broker for your loan to get the best deal and see if you qualify for any free money/assistance . 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you