• Brisbane, CA
Votes |
Newbie Investors: Currently in California

Sara Roane
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brisbane, CA
Posted May 29 2019, 12:05

Hi y'all!

My name is Sara Roane and my husband and I are real estate investors. We've yet to make our first deal and I've been studying, analyzing and planning for almost two months now. Neither of us works in real estate - I'm a yoga teacher and he's a research chemist. Real estate is a newly found passion of ours that we plan to use to achieve financial freedom and create multigenerational health & wealth for our family - just married last year!

We had originally planned to house hack, however, have found ourselves in a tough market (Bay Area) where FHA seems unheard of, landlords seem unprotected, and all of our seed money would end up locked up with little return - at least that's how the deals are feeling so far... I could be wrong, still learning!

We're shifting our approach and have been analyzing markets out of state and we're taking on Brandon Turners 90 day challenge! 

Posting here for accountability! 

We will make an offer by August 31st on a multiplex rental property with a minimum of 4 units - market TBD.

Woohoo! That feels good :)

Looking forward to learning from, connecting with, and eventually being able to pass on what I've learned here in the BP community. So glad we found BP!

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

Loading replies...