New kid on the block!

6 Replies

HI everyone i just wanted to introduce myself.

Im a 17yr old aspiring real estate investor that lives in sarasota florida. I have been into RE since I was 15. I have spent the last two years or so learning all i can about real estate.

I have read lots of books and to many e-books and articles pertaining to RE to even count.
I spend mutiple hours every day on the computer trying to learn more.

When i turn 18 i plan on geting my reale state sales persons licence and hopefully go in to commercial RE lease/sales. untill i save up a little capitol to start my investment career.

I did have a job offer at 16 for a stock brokerage company when turn 18 but, i dont really want to do that.

i hope to talk to a lot of intresting people and learn a lot for this site. :D

Reign,

you've already started your investment career. you're investing your TIME. taking it to the next leve - becoming a real estate salesperson - is the next step.

if you approach each thing you do as an entrepreneur, you will be way ahead of the game.

not sure if you've read this (or listened to it on audio), but

WALK LIKE A GIANT, SELL LIKE A MADMAN by Ralph Roberts is awesome.

welcome to the forums and keep it upbeat!

Good thanks for asking. I researched that book and it looked good so I went to the book store and they have to order it...should be here in a couple days.

Also I start prelicenseing school in two weeks but, after I finish I still have to wait untill im 18. I had to talk them into letting me do the school even though I am not 18. I was thinking about getting a job at a brokerage firm for a couple months untill i get my license.

i have a couple questions. Can i take the schooling for my brokers license even though i cant take it for a while?.

Is there anything special i have to do to work in commercial?

thanks in advance!

reign,

not sure about taking the broker course now. why not wait? each state is different, so in NY, you've got to have one year of sales agent experience before taking the broker exam.

as far as getting into commercial - each state has it's own rules regulating all this - but i don't see it being anything major. a broker is a third party who helps negotiate a sale for a fee, or the expectation of a fee.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you