New Investor Introduction - Mankato, MN (South of Minneapolis)

11 Replies

Hi All, 

My name is Justin and I'm new to REI and BP. My family and I relocated to the Mankato area about a year ago and we are eager to find opportunities both in and around the smaller communities south of the Minneapolis area as well as the Twin Cities themselves. I'm looking forward to networking with other investors and learning as much as I can. Hope that you are having a productive day.

Thank you!

Hi Justin, welcome to BP!

My advice is to stay local, preferably within 5-10 miles from your house, and to avoid investing in Minneapolis for the time being due to recent ordinances - makes it undesirable to be a landlord.

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Justin Sands

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Welcome @Justin Sands

I would agree with @Pavel U. for sure on trying to stay local and to possibly avoiding Minneapolis while just starting out. I hear that Mankato is a great spot and possibly look into student housing and renting houses out by the room to the students?

Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you