Self Employed w/ $40k to invest, looking for MFs, land or laundry
Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
Hey BP community!
I’m a new member, and new investor looking to get my first deal on the books in 2019. Thanks to everyone on these forums for sharing your knowledge and experience, it’s given me the motivation I need to get into the game!
Here's my situation:
- In my early 30's
- Based in NYC
- Self employed (for the last 1.5 years - paid by 1099)
- Credit Score: 700+
- No debt (other than student loans)
- Around $40k to invest
- First time buyer
Here are my questions:
- What's a good market to look for multifamily properties/ land or laundromats that will get me started? (NYC is way too expensive)
- Looking for cashflow or to start a BRRRR strategy in the next few years.
- I've heard getting financing as someone self employed can pose some issues... are there any special considerations I should make to have the process run smoothly?
- Is $40k enough to get the ball rolling on any of these niches?
- Is there a niche that makes more sense for a new investor to start with ?
Any advice, input or suggestions are appreciated, Thanks BP!
- Stephen