Newbie from Houston, TX

3 Replies

I'm Patrice and I have zero real estate investing experience. I work full-time in the medical field and have started my journey in the REI world as another stream of income and to build generational wealth. I came to BiggerPockets after a Google search for information on "how to get started in real estate investing". I watched a YouTube video from BP and was hooked.

Hi Patrice, welcome! I'm a newbie too, and binge listening to podcasts and reading so many REI related books! Right now I'm reading David Greene's book on BRRRR, it is AMAZING! You're going to learn so much here!

Thank you Rachelle! Me too! I'm currently listening to Joshua Dorkin and Brandon Turner's book, How to Invest in Real Estate. BRRRR is next on my list. I have learned a ton so far. I wish you all the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you