Hey everyone. I just purchased my first property and it appraised for 14k more than what I bought it for and I also have 10-15k in my primary residence. I am excited and motivated to get a few more before the year ends. I would like to pull some of that out for my next down payment but the local bank that my loan is through told me I need to wait 4-6 months. So my questions are:
1) What options do I have besides wait? Can I go to another local bank and open a line of credit with them? Would hard money be a option? More to follow if yes.
2) I also have about 10-15k in my primary residence. Could I combine the two to open up more available cash?
3) Should I just wait the 4-6 months to become more knowledgeable as an investor and property manager?
Most banks require at least 6 months seasoning in order to pull out cash based on appraised versus purchase price. Hard money is always an option if you can find a lender that will take that second position. Considering the sums of money you are talking about are so small I would let everything season and then see where I was at.
Thanks @JD Martin
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you