New Member Introduction

4 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Brandon Tritt. I'm 27 years old, originally from FL but now live in North VA. I found Bigger Pockets about a week ago and it has inspired me to learn more about real estate investing. I'm hooked on the BP podcast and have been listening to it daily. I also just began David Greene's Long Distance Investing book.

I hope to purchase my first property at some point next year. By then, I should have enough for a down payment on a <100k home. In the meantime, I am going to continue to educate myself on REI and hopefully expand my network via Bigger Pockets.

As it stands right now, the biggest obstacle I see for myself is deciding on what market to invest in. There are a lot of great options out there. Should a pick a few and only focus on those? Should I focus on one?

Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to using BP as a resource, as I get started in REI.

@Brandon Tritt

Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Hey Welcome to BP,

There are a lot of markets out there and ways to invest -- you'll find the right one for you. Keep going through each option one by one and see what fits best for you. Choose an area you're familiar with so it's easier for you to navigate location options, rental/re-sale value and starting somewhere familiar will just make it easier on you overall. 

When it comes to strategy (Buy/hold, flip etc...) Keep checking in to those podcasts and reading up on what's out there for you and your strategy will start to fall in place. Reach out to people on here who have already done it....This site has helped me out more times than I can remember.

Best advice I can give though for the stage you're at....Don't be afraid to ask questions here and reach out to people on BP, start creating a local network for yourself and continue to build up some resource. Most of all, set your plan and be WILLING to pull the trigger. I'm only on my second investment property so not an expert but most of my knowledge came after I moved forward with that first investment.

The lending process can be a monster but it doesn't have to be intimidating. Happy to talk with you about some options I found out there and strategies I found helpful for that first purchase if you're interested. I know that's a huge hurdle for that first one.

Feel free to reach out.

Good luck!

Sean.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you