Newbie Looking to get Started

5 Replies

Hi everyone, I’m Niki from Seattle.

I'm new to REI and very late to the game so I'm glad I found this community.

I’m hoping to find a good 2-4 unit investment property in the next few months that has good cash flow that I can hang on to for a while. I have almost no hope of finding anything like that in Seattle, or even the West Coast for that matter and am thinking of the Midwest market. Totally original, I know.

I’m looking to make connections, get advice and learn as much as I can about markets in OH, TN and OK.

Thanks!

Welcome, Niki! Those are good markets for cashflow. Happy hunting! 

Hi @Niki Sharan ,

Welcome to BP! It's a great place to ask questions and find out information on different markets. What types of returns are you looking for?  Have you set some criteria or utilized the BP calculators to analyze any deals?

In our market (Seattle, Puget Sound region), some deals can be found but the returns aren't always feasible for everyone.  Some form of appreciation tends to be calculated in for longer-term, buy and hold investors. I'm happy to be a resource if you have any questions :)

@Niki Sharan

Welcome to Biggerpockets Niki! I am also a new investor located in the Puget sound area. I agree its difficult in the area but investors like us are making it happen every day. What areas are you looking at it the midwest?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you