• Rental Property Investor
  • Upper Valley and beyond, Vermont and New Hampshire
Votes |
New Member Intro, Rental Investor in NH and VT

William Craig
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Upper Valley and beyond, Vermont and New Hampshire
Posted Jul 30 2019, 06:57

Way back in the '80s, I was a Realtor in New Hampshire. Some big (for me) deals enabled me to return to school for a master's degree, which led to a career as a journalist and teacher. My first book, Yankee Come Home (www.yankeecomehome.com), brought me to my current job as a professor at Dartmouth College.

My life has been a great adventure, but like many lives in the arts, hasn't provided a realistic retirement plan. Along the way, I had the experience of landlording a duplex and a single-family home. Now I'm investing in multis and student rentals to set up sustaining cash flow. From there, I intend to branch out into short-term rentals focused on my home region's wonderful market for MA and NY vacationers.

I am tremendously grateful for biggerpockets, which has brought me up to speed on so many factors in today's REI world. The sense of community and encouragement provided by reading everyone's posts has helped me believe that my new goals are sensible and achievable--- with a lot of hard work! Thank you all.

I would really like to hear from like-minded investors, from property managers working in my states and from lenders. Thanks and best wishes to all in the bp community!

Loading replies...