Market Analysis (Wholesaling)

2 Replies

Good afternoon. I hope that this isn't a "stupid" question, but I'm going to ask it any. I'm in a situation where I have a potential wholesale deal at a great price, but the middle person is a real estate agent. She is requesting a POF, and I have a lender that sent me his information, including financial statements and she verified his company and financials. Now she is saying that because there wasn't a "bank letterhead" attached, it doesn't qualify as POF. Is a bank letterhead by law required even if you have provided legitimate access to funding for a deal?

I don't think a bank letterhead is necessarily required... but I would imagine this lender would submit a proof of funds that appears to credibly represent their available cash. Like a bank statement if its a private lender? Or perhaps a document from a lender with some accreditation showing some certification? 

I don't think there is any clear law dictating what they can or cannot accept if their request was written in purchase agreement. If the request was written vaguely in the purchase agreement I would say that might require a bit of legal mediation. I think your easiest solution here is to find a way to satisfy their request. If your lender has the funds, then it should be pretty easy to prove in a manner that they accept.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you