Newbie from Los Angeles, looking to Invest Long Distance

2 Replies

Hey Bigger Pockets!
I'm Ricardo I currently work as an engineer, I love the outdoors, volunteering and my dog! I've always been interested in personal finance and especially reaching financial independence, but I only recently discovered REI and BP.

I first came across BP through their podcast series on youtube, and got hooked when I heard about the BRRRR strategy. I've since bought David Greene's books on long distance investing and BRRRR, and look forward to reading them. I signed up for a pro membership and I'm trying to learn as much as I can to get ready for my first deal.

I've set myself, what I consider to be, a lofty goal of finding and funding my first deal by November this year.
Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I'd love to hear any advice you might have for starting out and investing long distance. 

Hi @Ricardo Martins  and welcome to Bigger Pockets! Bigger Pockets is a great place to start for real estate investing. Bigger Pockets is the place to get deals done the right way! Congratulations, and I wish you nothing but success.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you