New investor from Newnan, GA

14 Replies

Good morning! I am new to the site. I have a home I'm preparing to rent out in Fayetteville, GA and am very familiar with that area, but I recently moved to Newnan. After I get that property ready, I'll be looking for more in either of the two cities. Just getting started in the biz but have done a ton of research (half of which has led me to BP forums). I currently work full-time at the airport. Very good job which I'm happy with, so the real estate investments will be part-time for a while. I am currently planning to buy 1-2 rental properties a year (at a discount, fix, and rent out) and maybe 1-2 homes to flip (relatively quick ROI and can be used to purchase more rentals). Just my thoughts. Anyways, that's why I'm here, and I'm looking forward to the discussions with you all as well as local networking opportunities.

Hey Terry, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you're off to a really good start w/ the house you're looking to rent. Godspeed in your investing! 

Hey Terry,

Welcome to the BP community! Are you only interested in getting properties in those areas? Have you considered any properties on the south side of Atlanta?

Feel free to reach out with any questions!

@Terry N.

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

@Alec Granger,

Great question. I am interested in properties on the South side of Atlanta, as well. It would just require more time on my part to do research - so the deal would have to be a little better to compensate for time required plus additional risk. I have always lived just South of Atlanta, so it wouldn’t be that foreign or require THAT much more, I’m sure. I can probably find better deals there, but considering they’ll be lower-income properties, I’d either want to hire out the property management (additional costs) or just flip and sell the property. Lower income property would draw high-risk tenants. Hope that makes sense. Interested, but I’ll have to be careful.  

Welcome to BiggerPockets, @Terry N. . Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success on your rental properties. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

@Amy Aziz ,

Thanks! It’s great to be here. I’m surprised by the quantity of responses in such a short period of time. It reassures me that BP truly is full of people with tons of value and willingness to contribute. I imagine the market in LA is a bit different than what I’m looking at in smaller towns. I imagine it’s  similar to my local big city of Atlanta, though . Hope you’re doing great out there. I appreciate you reaching out, Amy!

@Terry N.  

You are right there is nothing really like the LA market.BP is super amazing with how helpful every one is. I am super thankful to have found BP! 

Welcome Terry. Just wanted to give a shout-out since I'm from Fayetteville! Was raised in the Brandon Mill subdivision on the north side of town near New Hope. My parents just moved out to CA where I am about 4 years ago from there. I also worked at the airport for a bit after high school- was a ticket agent or AirTran.
Small world!

Originally posted by @Terry N. :

@Ali Boone,That’s awesome! From Fayetteville to all the way across the country in California. Did you do any investing here? Or has it primarily been there?

Mostly around Atlanta actually! No cash flow in California. I bought a property here last year, but for totally different reasons. And ironically, all but one of my Atlanta properties I bought long after I had been out here... it just happened to be that Atlanta became the hot market right around the time I was getting into REI. :)

Originally posted by @Terry N. :

@Harrison Busbee,

I will definitely contact you when I’m ready. Thank you for the recommendation. After I finish my current home and am pursuing my second, I’ll give you a call. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you