Newly joined. Looking to say hello and get to know the scene. THX

3 Replies

Hello guys, Im brand new to the forums. Im a general contractor in the building and roofing trades. I want to create some passive income and maybe get some rental properties. But biggest hang ups are: newly self employed, and banks wont loan to me, lol. By listening to the podcasts, I have learned there are ways around this creatively. Im interested if any of you have had this same experience and what you've done to become successful. Im in Vermont by the way. Shout out to all New Englanders!

Hey @Joe Harnish , welcome to BP :)  There are lots of creative ways to get into houses.  You are in a good location, especially with your skill set, to do well in the rental world.  Sweat equity is about as powerful a "creative way" as it gets.

Are you a native Vermonter?  I grew up in Brandon, on the other side of the state.

Hey Aaron,
Im not a native VT'er but have lived here my entire adult life. I moved to Stowe when I was 19 on a whim due to a friend who owned a slate roofing business. Thats how I got started in the trades. Brandon is a small nice town. I only been there to visit Foley Bros brewery, lol. 

Im open to suggestions on how to get into owning a small multi family with my current situation. Im game for anything that gets me moving forward!!

Originally posted by @Joe Harnish :

Hello guys, Im brand new to the forums. Im a general contractor in the building and roofing trades. I want to create some passive income and maybe get some rental properties. But biggest hang ups are: newly self employed, and banks wont loan to me, lol. By listening to the podcasts, I have learned there are ways around this creatively. Im interested if any of you have had this same experience and what you've done to become successful. Im in Vermont by the way. Shout out to all New Englanders!

Welcome to the site Joe.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you