Hello, I will make this as short as possible.
My current lease ends at the end of the year. I own 2 properties that I am flipping (fully cash), both should be on the market soon and I expect to have one of them sold by November. I would have to sell at least one in order to pay off some debt and increase my credit score so that I can purchase a house (most likely a condo). I also have a property that I am financing, parents live there and pay for mortgage and all expenses.
So now I have 2 options and I am a bit lost on what to do:
1) Wait to sell one of my flips, then buy a condo to live in (put down 20%) - I may not be able to get the condo right in time before my lease ends so would have to figure out my living for a month or 2.
2) Extend my rent for another year and keep working with the capital I have
3) Buy a condo cash, wait 6 months and cash out from it (that would freeze a lot of capital for me)
Cash-flow is king. You haven't indicated how tight your cash flow would be if you buy the condo cash and sit on it for six months. A lot depends on that. Whatever you do, make sure you have plenty of extra free cash flow. If you can buy the condo and you're still comfortable from a cash flow perspective, and you really want the condo (or it makes better sense than renting) go for it.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you