New to Real Estate Investing

11 Replies

Hey everyone!

I am brand new to real estate investing, have been reading/listening/asking questions over the last few weeks and am getting ready (with my business partner) to jump right in! I am located in Gulf Breeze, FL and am looking to initially start investing in the area. We have a got a lot of irons in the fire and cant wait to get started and learn more from the BP Community!

Currently we have one rental property that is doing quite well on AirBnb/Booking.com/VRBO. I have an extensive background in hospitality/hotels on the operations and finance side which has helped drive our rates and occupancy. 

Thanks and I am looking forward to learning from you all!

Nick

Welcome @Nick Murray !  The Pensacola/Gulf Breeze markets are great for investing!  Are you looking to do more short term rentals or also get into long term rentals?  There are a couple local meet-ups if you want to meet other local investors and we have a pretty open and helpful group of investors in town if you ever need help with something!

The Professional Investors Guild (PIG) has our monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the bay center if you want to join.  I believe the topic is wholesaling.  I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning and will be gone for the rest of the week but if you want to get together and talk local real estate later this month just shoot me a message!  

@Nick Murray  Nick welcome! Great to hear, I am over in Navarre, FL and I also currently own an Airbnb in the area that is doing very well. I would love to chat more and share our knowledge/experience with each other. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you :) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you