User Stats

Votes
Nicole Fullard
Votes |
Very First Post - Newbie

Nicole Fullard
Posted Sep 18 2019, 10:46

Hello All,

This is my very first post. I have lurked for a few weeks now. I'm very new to this. Just started researching commercial real estate and like the nerd that I am, started to immerse myself in. My goal is to be a passive investor in commercial real estate. I have no idea where to begin but being here is the most logical start for me. Looking forward to connecting with you amazing investors. I'm in the Aurora, Co area and if anyone is local, I would love to network with you. <3

User Stats

Votes
Jake S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Minnesota
Replied Sep 18 2019, 11:00

Hey @Nicole Fullard! Glad to have you here! What part of the commercial world sounds the most appealing to you? Would love to discuss

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Fullard
Votes |
Replied Sep 18 2019, 11:02

Hi @Jake S.! Thank you so much! I'm interested in Multi-family apartment homes investing with a small interest in storage and mobile homes. Looking forward to chatting and learning all that I can. :)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jake S.
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Minnesota
Replied Sep 18 2019, 11:05

@Nicole Fullard That's great! What are your main reasons for wanting to be on the passive side of things?

Feel free to reach out whenever on here!

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Fullard
Votes |
Replied Sep 18 2019, 11:16

@Jake S. My main reasons for passive is my 2 small children. LOL I want financial freedom for myself and hubby so we can create passive/generational wealth for them. Also, I still work full-time and plan to keep my current job for a while as I close deals on the side. I want to learn as much as I can so that I can get fully involved if necessary but the goal is to invest passively as we learn and then hopefully rehab some properties down the road (moreso value add, buy and hold properties, definitely not a flipper). 

User Stats

Votes
Jake S.
  • Minnesota
Votes |
  • Minnesota
Replied Sep 18 2019, 11:38

@Nicole Fullard Absolutely love that goal. Great mindset :D Honestly, being on the passive side of things is the best.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2019, 12:16

I'm interested in this thread.  I too would be interested in learning more about passive investing. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Fullard
Votes |
Replied Sep 18 2019, 13:20

Thank you so much @Jake S. I agree! 

User Stats

Votes
Bill Hampton
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 18 2019, 13:31

@Nicole Fullard

welcome to Bigger Pockets. Good luck on your real estate journey. 

User Stats

Votes
John Fortes
Pro Member
  • Multi-Family Syndicator
  • Abington, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multi-Family Syndicator
  • Abington, MA
Replied Sep 20 2019, 08:21

Welcome to the community @Nicole Fullard. You will find a ton of value here so ask ton's of questions. 

You are already starting off in the right place by educating yourself and I know how that can be trying to find the time to fit that all in being a busy professional during the day. It's important to go at your own pace when learning. This helps you fully understand the concepts of what you are learning and doesn't let things fall through the cracks as if you were trying to cram it. There are tons of podcasts and books out there to help you educate yourself through what sounds like you are looking to invest in syndications. When you get comfortable start taking meetings with operators/sponsors to learn about the types of projects they invest in to see if that lines up with your investment criteria. 

Happy investing!

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied Sep 20 2019, 09:36

@Nicole Fullard

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Fullard
Votes |
Replied Sep 20 2019, 12:32

Thank you so much everyone! Very excited!!