Newbie Wholesaler in San Francisco Bay Area

2 Replies

Hey BP Community!

My name is Anthony and I'm a newbie investor from the Oakland/ San Francisco Bay Area looking to get into wholesaling.  

As a structural engineer in San Francisco, I've been on the permit, design, and construction side of single and multi-unit residential buildings for quite some time. I've worked with developers, owners, contractors, and architects on projects including new construction, ADU's, soft stories, retrofits, rehabs, horizontal and vertical additions, and more! But sadly, even with this experience, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to real estate investing. I've done some research and listened to some podcasts, but nothing comes close to connecting to people with real life experience. I'm hoping to network with other investors and make meaningful connections that can be mutually beneficial.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Anthony

Anthony,

Sound like you are well equip to venture into RE investing. As a Oaklander, I’ve done a few project in the East Bay, and North Bay(Richmond , Berkeley). Myself and a couple of partners are on Phase 1 of doing a new construction in East Oakland for 7 units. If you free let’s plan to link up, give me a chance to pick your brain on entitlement process. Let me know, if there something that I can help you to answer some question about Oakland’s Market if that is where you’re interested.
Best,

Sunday N

Hey Sunday,

Let's do it!  I was thinking of starting out in Oakland.  I'll connect with you and we can figure it out.  I'm actually in Alameda and just commute to the City for work, so linking up should be pretty easy as long as our schedules line up.  Also, a 7 unit building, nice! 

Anthony

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you