Votes
Matthew S Lerner
  • Albany, NY
Votes |
New Member Intro from Albany, NY - Interested in Rental Property

Matthew S Lerner
  • Albany, NY
Posted Sep 30 2019, 14:53

Hello, BiggerPockets Community! My name is Matt Lerner, and I am excited to start participating in the BP Forums. I am new to real estate investing. My wife and I have recently decided to start investing in rental property -- more specifically, buy-and-hold rentals in New York's Capital District Region and beyond. (Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, and Ulster County). We live in a wonderful community just outside of Albany, New York and are originally from Buffalo, New York and Staten Island, New York. I found BiggerPockets and my interest in real estate investing after staying at a vacation rental in Long Beach Island, New Jersey this past summer. I noticed just how well the owners of the property ran their business. Their execution of excellent service and the way they run their business inspired us to do the same in the LTR realm.

Since the summer, I have been reading BP forums, real estate investing books, and listening to podcasts daily. I am still in the self-education phase, and we're looking to buy our first rental property (likely a duplex) at the beginning of 2020. 

I look forward to meeting you, learning from you, and, hopefully, adding value to the BP Forums.

Loading replies...