17 Year Old Looking for Advice

1 Reply

Hi, as stated, I am 17 (soon to be 18) years old. For the past few months I have been researching, reaching out to professionals, and attending seminars, gathering as much information as I can. I still have some time before I can jump into anything, but I feel as though I should have as much information as I can. I’m curious...

1. How much money did you have when you started in REI, and what method did you choose (house hacking, wholesaling, etc.)?

2. Learning from mistakes or successes, what would you recommend a beginner start out with?

3. What is the easiest and most efficient way for you to network with people?

Please feel free to add any additional advice as well, thank you!

Originally posted by @Erin Murphy :

Hi, as stated, I am 17 (soon to be 18) years old. For the past few months I have been researching, reaching out to professionals, and attending seminars, gathering as much information as I can. I still have some time before I can jump into anything, but I feel as though I should have as much information as I can. I’m curious...

1. How much money did you have when you started in REI, and what method did you choose (house hacking, wholesaling, etc.)?

2. Learning from mistakes or successes, what would you recommend a beginner start out with?

3. What is the easiest and most efficient way for you to network with people?

Please feel free to add any additional advice as well, thank you!

House Hacking is the way to go. Bought my 1st home at 21 with very little money in my bank account. Can't beat an FHA loan. I later got my real estate sales license and haven't look back since. Have sold over $150M since then and run a $50M+ portfolio today. It all starts with one house and you can build it from there. Plus when you're young living with roommates is no big deal.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here