Twin Cities Couple looking for Playmates

7 Replies

In the game of Real Estate...oh you thought...Get your minds out of the gutter! 

My Name is Eric Coffin and me, my wife and 6 month old daughter, Arya (yes the same one that slayed the Night King) live in the Twin Cities area. My wife is a dentist and I was a data analyst so real estate was a natural transition for us. Actually, even though I love watching the real estate flipping shows it wasn't until I bought our home and did a $70k major renovation on it that increased it's ARV by $120k that my passions and skill sets seemed to align for once.

Or maybe none of that is true since my other passion is fiction writing which is why I quit my analyst job and will be splitting my time Real Estate investing and Fiction writing. Actually, it's all true except the slaying of the Night King part.

We are looking to add 1-2 rental properties to our portfolio this year and every year after that. We're currently still in the binge youtube until our eyes gloss over phase, but are slowly beginning the process of building up our team and look forward to meeting BP members of like interests.

Hi @Eric Coffin sounds like you would get a lot out of meeting other investors.  I suggest going to local meetups.  @Scott Jensen and his wife have done well BRRRRing some properties in the metro so he would be a great resource.  BP will not allow posting of meet up groups here but if you PM me I will send you a list.

@Eric Coffin

Welcome to BP!! Good luck on your real estate journey. Always be a student and keep moving forward with deliberate action and you'll do great :-). Recommend meetups and lots of networking. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here