New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Ali Rich
Votes |
Heloc denied 4 no reason

Ali Rich
Posted Nov 14 2019, 07:29

Applied for 118k or 88k HELOC withdraw period of 5 years at Midflorida Credit Union and got denied both. Loan officer offered me a different product (Home Equity Loan), i did not took her offer, Told her no to pull my credit yet bc oif I wont qualify for HELOC my credit will go down after pull it out and i want to see what other people bank offered me

Asked why i was denied over an email and she always called me on the phone  and explain that underwriters  bla bla. bad excuses. 

Need Heloc for:

I wanted to get. Heloc to pay off my mortgage in 1.5ish years, i already made my plan and calculation and also I want to be able to have minimum of 5 year withdraw period to preserve my cost of opportunity of the money that i will be pay  during the 1.5ish year.

My Finances:

Bought a Duplex last in Clearwater for 145k, put Down 25k plus, owe 118k to the bank  now, it is my primary residency, my payments are $1100 a month including scrow, the actual House value market is 220k, the same house cash flow me $1800 a month. 

I make 85k plus a year, my debt ratio is 4.8%, my FICO score BofA 725, I have another mortgage for 145k it is another duplex who cash flowing me 1250 a month  and i have a stupid student loan, payment are $404 a month 

I have 35K cash on a saving account at the same Midfl credit union? 

Never late payment in the last 7 plus year, last year i worked hard to be on this position to applied for HELOC and now being denied

My questions:

-What am I doing wrong?  

-Bank officer is more toward to sale me an home equity loan bc she get commission out it than HELOC?

- how can i get denied if they never pulled my credit? she told me she was doing research and fighting a lot to get me the HELOC (hate loan officer when they play the heroes when they are just doing their job, no all of them)

are Bank or Credit  union promoting very low rate Heloc to attract customers bit most them don't qualify?

- Any other question that i should be  concern?

sorry for making this too long  and thank you all for your time.

Loading replies...