Buying in the path of growth of oil and gas companies

2 Replies

I currently bought several parcels of land for billboards...also in my area there are several gas and oil companies in the process of being built. Everyone in my area is upping rent and buy houses. I was thinking about buying more land parcels hopefully in the path of growth for the companies also for land development for bigger housing companies. Does anyone have any experience with this. Anything I should focus on to up my chances of success???? I’m pretty new to the game any incite would help.

@Alfred J Bialik I would be more interested in buying in the path of growth for tech companies developing alternative energy sources. Once the Republican Party is gone (which is happening) the gas and oil companies are going to find themselves out of a job

@Parker Eberhard they have already have one of the largest cracker plants in my area. There are many properties that I know have made a few hundred thousand just for allowing their pipes to go through the land I have 7.5 acre plot in

the area of one plant but my main focus is billboards I was wondering if I could buy a piece of land very cheap (which is the 7.5) in an attempt to get a line through it or outright buy it ... I know some inside ppl working there so I guess I could start there I also thought about buying property to lease to cell towers but I believe that’s a bigger gamble

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you