New member from Madison Heights, Michigan

2 Replies

Hi all,

My name is Greg and I have no experience with real estate. I gained an interest in real estate after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and I found out about the bigger pockets podcast while browsing Spotify podcasts to listen to on my school commute.

I am currently a senior studying electrical engineering and I have an apprentice engineer position at an automotive supplier. I really like what I do and I plan on working as an engineer for at least 5-10 years. I am interested in flipping houses, house hacking and eventually I want to set up some long term rentals. With a full time job I think I will be able to get the first few loans from a bank, and will use my salary to help fund renovations and down payments. 

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can about flipping and real estate in general before I graduate in April 2020. At that point I want to volunteer work with someone in my area to get some experience, while I pay off my student loans and set up my primary residence. I'm thankful for this awesome resource and I look forward to learning a lot from the bigger pockets forums in addition to the podcast. Any advice is appreciated :)

Gregory,

Invest some time in your real estate investing education before investing money and risk burning bridges with any business partners. The more you learn, the more likely you'll earn, and the less likely you are to make expensive mistakes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here