New Investor in Philadelphia

5 Replies

Hello! My name is Laura and I am a new, new investor in the Philadelphia area looking to house hack my first investment property =). It will be a complete rehab using a 203K loan and I am beyond excited to start this journey. I am currently negotiating my first deal so I would like to start working with an architect and interviewing general contractors who are able to work with a 203K loan. I have been listening to BiggerPocket podcasts religiously for the past 5 months so decided it's time to join the online family and hopefully build a trusting, rewarding team.

If anyone has any referrals for architects and contractors please let me know.

@Laura Dantel Starting with an architect referral is a great. You should be comfortable with your architect as they protect your best interest and ensure the contractor completes their work as it should. This is especially important if you do not have construction experience. Shop many contractors and make sure they are knowledgeable on the 203k process.     

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you