• San Luis Obispo CA / Tampa Area, FL
Votes |
House hacking in San Luis Obispo

Nicholas Doyon
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Luis Obispo CA / Tampa Area, FL
Posted Nov 19 2019, 10:08

Hi,

I just moved from Quebec City, Canada to San Luis Obispo, California this past July for work purposes under an L1A Visa. I decided to rent an all furnished house for the first year as I was not exactly sure if my move was going to be long-term or not. Everything looks like I will be here for a few years at least. With the price of rents around here, I see a good opportunity for me to house hack and reduce my cost of living by a lot. I am currently paying $2,700/mth (utilities incl.) for an 850 sq foot 2 bedroom house all furnished. I want to be able to put that $2,700/mth towards my own equity and not someone else's. I know the market in SLO is quite high right now. Even if I don't live for free 100%, if I can bring down my housing cost to $200-$300/mth, that is still close to $2,500/mth I can invest or put aside for another deal later on.

I would like to know if anyone has or is house hacking in the San Luis Obispo area and hear what kind of deal it was. (Multiy-family, single-family with rent per room, etc)

If anyone in the area is interested in discussing SLO investment opportunities with me, feel free to message me!

Thank you

Loading replies...