Newbie from Cape Town, South Africa

4 Replies

My name is Jacques Hamman from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm 34 years old and new to real estate investing. I joined Bigger Pockets because I'm interested in real estate wholesaling. I've learnt about wholesaling in the US but I'm unsure how to go about it South Africa. Was hoping to learn from experienced wholesalers here in SA about the details of going about it. Thanks for welcoming me to the community.

Hi Jacques

Welcome to BP.

I am also a newbie in CT. I can't advise on wholesaling but suggest maybe come along to the next SA Property Investing Network (SAPIN) event. I've met some helpful contacts there.

Jon

Welcome, I happen to have some family in/from South Africa, I heard interest rates are pretty high there, plus I hear about people losing property etc...

Maybe I'll visit Namibia next year, see if there are some opportunities, my dad used to be some time in Windhoek when he was a bit "gatvol" of Cape Town :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you