User Stats

Votes
James Peirce
Votes |
Newbie REI based out of San Luis Obispo California

James Peirce
Posted Nov 24 2019, 10:22

Hi guys!  

My name is James and I'm new to real estate investment. I live on the beautiful(but expensive) coast of California, 30 years old, and I have been doing construction for most of my adult life. I work 40 hours a week as a state certified electrician and spend my nights and weekends (Fri-Sun) working on advancing in REI. My end goal is to create wealth/cash flow through rental properties. Personally I don't want to make a business of flipping, but I would do any type of REI to get what I need to achieve the end goal.

I started attending local REI meetings this year to get some guidance from people who are farther on the path than myself. Through these meet-ups I was able to introduce myself to a few individuals who are flipping in my community. It seemed like the common theme was that a REI's worst nightmare is usually dealing with the contractor. I don't blame them... being in the trades I have seen some of the absolute worst business owners/management/professionalism/quality. This gave me the opportunity to trade my knowledge of construction for a mentor.

Fast forward. Now I have started my own marketing campaigns to start putting deals under contract. Calls are rolling in steadily-ish.  Now I just have to start putting them together.  Working on 2 now that are putting my brain through the ringer lol.

Looking forward to being part of the community  =)

James Peirce

Loading replies...