Jessica Boatwright
  • Hillsborough, NC
Votes |
Newbie from Roanoke, Virginia

Jessica Boatwright
  • Hillsborough, NC
Posted Nov 24 2019, 13:58

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica Boatwright and I am very new to real estate, currently in my education phase. I grew up in Roanoke, Virginia and that is where I am currently. I returned to my hometown a few months ago after living two years in Uganda. My husband, Alec, and I were there serving as Peace Corps Volunteers. Prior to that, we were both living and working corporate jobs in the Washington, DC area.

My journey to find BiggerPockets started in July this year when a Ugandan friend introduced me to Robert Kiyosaki and Rich Dad Poor Dad. I got access to the book and Alec and I finished reading it quickly, realizing that our mindset about money and our future was drastically shifting.

Our main goal in real estate is freedom.

Soon Alec and I will be figuring out where we want to put down roots next. Our approach to the next phase of our life is trying to find a place we think we would love to live and find work from there. We want to apply what we learn about REI to create passive income so that in the future we will not have to be beholden to our jobs.

I am excited to be part of this community. I look forward to learning, sharing, and connecting with you all.

Kindly,

Jessica

Loading replies...