Newbie Recent Grad in Philadelphia, PA

1 Reply

Hello everyone! My name is Rees Tillotson and I'm a recent grad who lives in the Philadelphia area and works for a large Investment Bank as a Risk Analyst. I first learned about Bigger Pockets a little over a year ago after finding the podcast on my commute to work, and have since listened to nearly every episode.  I have aspirations of one day making real estate my full time career, in whatever capacity that may be.  I'd like to start by house hacking in the greater Philadelphia area and go from there.  

When I'm not working I like to cook, watch my favorite soccer team - Liverpool - play, and try out new coffee shops in the area.  I'd love to meet both new and experienced real estate investors/professionals!

Thank you! -Rees

Hi Rees, welcome to Bigger Pockets. There is a lot of great information as well as connections here. I moved back to Philly in 2012 and bought a triplex to house hack. It started my real estate journey and was one of the best decisions that I ever made. I lived for free and, when I moved out, the triplex became a cash flow machine. 

What neighborhoods are you looking at? 

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you