Looking to add more rentals but low on cash... Help

Looking to add more rentals but low on cash... Help

Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, DE · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 9 votes

So I am looking to add more properties to my portfolio, I typically buy turn-key single family units. But, I am low on cash. I typically use a conventional loan that requires a minimum of 20% down. What are some of the things I am doing wrong and should I look at something that has an ARV of greater than my 20% to refi after the rehabbing?

Or what other options do you typically use? In my market a typical unit can cash flow about $400 per month. 

0Reply
22 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Steve Shupe

    Do you have equity in your primary residence or any of your investment properties? 
    If so, you can pull out up to a 75% LTV on an investment SFR property and up to 70% on a MFR investment property, with conventional.

  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, DE · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Jerry Padilla

    Thank you! I am actually in the process of getting my primary residence appraised, if the values come in where it should I think I'll be around 70% LTV. My rental unit is probably at 70% as well. Which doesn't leave me much to pull from. I have just enough cash on hand for another deal but, worried to use up all my cash.

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Steve Shupe hi Steve, where do you usually buy your turnkey properties? Do you do OOS ?

  • Rental Property Investor · Smyrna, DE · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Paul Botsyan 

    I buy them typically in my market in Delaware, I am also a real estate agent so I am constantly scouring the area. 

  • Contractor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Steve Shupe thanks for your response.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.