Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Liosbel Gonzalez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
High-tech professional from Austin trying to "brrrreak" into REI.

Liosbel Gonzalez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Austin, TX
Posted Feb 16 2020, 08:24

Hola hola people! 

My name's Lio - and I'm interested in building wealth through real estate investment. A little about me, I'm natively from Cuba but moved to the US as a kid. After high school in Miami, I joined the Navy and traveled pretty much all over the world. I've also lived overseas (Sweden), and now reside in Austin, TX. I'm in high-tech, and my wife's a nurse, so that's that.

So what brings me here? I've been lucky enough to purchase my primary residence with little out of pocket thanks to the VA Homeloan, so we are now looking into investing in real estate as a way to bring in extra income, whether passive or through flipping.

I'm interested in BRRRR as a strategy for building our portfolio. My goal's to buy and hold 5 properties in the next 3 years, and flip some where it makes sense. I'm still in the learning phase but I've given myself until late April/early May, to purchase our first property.

My target is 2/2 or 3/2 distressed properties <$200K that don't need MAJOR overhauls to begin with. I know this limits me quite a bit in the Austin market, given prices here, but I think the outskirts of the cities could still work. Mainly looking at the north areas, RR, Pville, Hutto, etc... I'm also interested in the western Houston areas, Katy/Cypress for the prices of homes there, and I have family locally as well.

I'm looking to learn as much as possible from this community and connect with people that could help me in this endeavor. Suggestions for real estate investor friendly agents for these areas would be great to begin with.

Cheers! 

Lio.

Loading replies...