Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Joe G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Angelo, TX
Votes |
Newbie using military tactics in real estate: currently in Williamsburg, VA.

Joe G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Angelo, TX
Posted Jan 2 2013, 16:34

First, I am super excited to be joining a community of professionals in real estate. I am eager to learn from you all and take my activities and myself to the next level.

Second, thank you Joshua and all the founders of the site for creating and maintaining this forum.

I am active duty military and have been passively investing in real estate since my first home purchase in 2004 at the age of 23. After ten years in the Army I have moved five times and purchased a home at three of those locations. After moving from each area I found a reputable, and reliable property manager to take care of my investment. The homes are located in Hinesville, GA, one in Monroe, NC and one in Woodbridge, VA.

I am joining your community to expand my knowledge, drive, and connections to build a portfolio of rental homes to supplement my retirement, do real and permanent good, and shine the Lord’s light in ways only He can imagine.

Ultimately I am seeking a mentor in the business to assist with decisions and specific guidance. Until that person is discovered, I am looking for advice on keeping rental homes in owner's name vice an LLC or living trust, tax strategies, owner visiting rental home that is managed by a property owner, dealing/negotiating with property managers, expanding into commercial real estate, using VA loans, and traditional and non-traditional financing.

Super excited and honored to be here with you all. Looking forward to all the future discussions.

Loading replies...