Hello, everyone. I'm a wannabe/newbie investor out of the Orlando area. Any tips, information, or advice with getting started is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome to BiggerPockets!! I hope the most success going forward in your quest(s) in 2020!! My best advise and suggestion are the following:
1) Absorb as many podcast and webinars you can.
2) Get active in the forums.
3) Network, Network, Network!!
4) Get in the game some how: Buy something, find a deal and partner, volunteer to learn about construction, etc.
Hey Tim, Welcome!
I recommend finding out what kind of investing you want to do (buy and hold, single family, multifamily, flips, etc.) and what areas you want to invest in (downtown, east orlando, the outskirts, etc.).
Then I would recommend interviewing a couple agents to find the right one who is knowledgeable around the kind of investing your looking to do in the areas you desire.
It's important to understand the basics of real estate investing, but don't get stuck in "analysis paralysis". You should have a general understanding of real estate investing and the basic terms, but you don't need to be an expert before you get started. A great agent will be your expert and mentor.
Welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate and connect with other motivated investors. BP is full of great content, so I strongly recommend you to have a look at the following resources:
1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction
2. Then check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides
3. Have a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog
4. If you wish to network or ask specific questions about your local market, you can go to your local real estate forum and discuss with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking
5. Or you can directly meet them by registering to real estate events around you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings
6. Finally, BP has various tools available to help you analyze your deals (rental, flips, wholesale, etc), feel free to use them: https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators
Please let me know if I can help, and best of luck!
Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:
Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Wishing you the best!
Welcome to Bigger Pockets!
This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you