Hi, I'm a new investor looking to househack in Chicago (I've lived here for 4 years now and was an underwriter in the market a few years back)- trying to get familiar with apartment lease rates in a few neighborhood (primarily along the blue line). Would be happy to connect with anybody in the area about the market and any experience you have to share!
Hey @Jordan Rosenberg ! I live/invest/work in the areas surrounding the blue line and am currently house-hacking a 3unit in East Humboldt. Feel free to message me and check out my "investments" section of my profile, would love to connect!
Happy to link up and talk Chicago real estate. Also, I've got a ton of great referrals of lenders, brokers, contractors, attorneys, architects, etc.
PM me and we can link up!
@Jordan Rosenberg It's not hard to find leasing data online and factor that into your search. The hard part can be deciding on a building with unknown zoning issues. Good luck on your search.
Welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate and connect with other motivated investors. BP is full of great content, so I strongly recommend you to have a look at the following resources:
1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction
2. Then check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides
3. Have a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog
4. If you wish to network or ask specific questions about your local market, you can go to your local real estate forum and discuss with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking
5. Or you can directly meet them by registering to real estate events around you: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings
6. Finally, BP has various tools available to help you analyze your deals (rental, flips, wholesale, etc), feel free to use them: https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators
Please let me know if I can help, and best of luck!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you